Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

cgi resource index

Quote Reply
cgi resource index
We have a new project we are thinking about. Can we use Links SQL to setup a directory program that is an exact copy of the cgi resource index site, on the user side? ie. a rating program with stars, charts and comments. Our site will be completely un-related to cgi. What would be involved? thanks
What program is cgi resource index using?

Quote Reply
Re: cgi resource index In reply to
Jerry Su already wrote a modification called review.cgi for LINKS SQL, which examples of this script have been linked in the LINKS SQL Discussion Forum...however, he has pulled the script. Also, there is some indication that a rudimentary review script will be distributed with the next version of LINKS SQL, which will include more robust user features.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
An interesting aside, is about a year ago, a discussion came up, and Alex admitted to basing links on cgi-resources, but cgi-resources is customized site-specific code (as they keep saying) where as links is customizable.

The next version of links hopefully will have some more of the features that people have asked for -- ratings, reviews, banners, etc.

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
i didn't even know i pulled the review.cgi v2 script..

that was on accident.. review v2 for links sql v1.11 was completed.. it worked fine.. just some weird problem occured right after i released it.. it was working and then i went to my forum script and there it saves two cookies.. then when i went to review.cgi the login.cgi cookie didn't work anymore.. and then when i went back to forum.cgi the login.cgi cookie (same as review) was not available either..

i'm pretty sure it was something to do with the path i put on the cookie and at that time was caused by the cookies previously saved before i finished review.cgi.. like all the mess up cookies..

ahhhhhhh.. i knew it i knew it.. alex probably did make a review script. .hehe it's going to be really good probably..

anyways.. i'll just release graph.cgi with that..

Jerry Su
Quote Reply
Upps, is it my bad english and i misunderstood your text?
I always thought that the cgi-resources is done with links???

If not, i see no problem - as i know this site really everything is possible with links (and maybe some small changes)

Robert

BTW: What are you all doing with cookies???
Cause i have set up my IE to secure i always need a finger on the "N"
i really hate it :-(