Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

What's a "users review summary"?

Quote Reply
What's a "users review summary"?
Hello,

I have a very old version of Links SQL, but I am planning to buy another license for a new site, and I am not 100% sure wha they mean with "users revie Summary."

Is this like user's profile in the CGI Resource Index, where you can see the ratings of a user "name" where one can see, for example, that he has rated four scripts, and from points from one to five where 5 is great and 0 is bad?:

Sorry, but I coun't find graphic pic or example like above to know exactly what they are talking about in Links SQL product description.

Also in Links SQL Description, it says:

Detailed Pages: You can have Links SQL create a separate page per resource, making it ideal for large amount of information like press releases, or product reviews.

One question. Let's say I want to ad a directory of houses for sale, instead of linking to an external Web site, like is the default settings of Links SQL, can I make my own in-house page for a particular house listing? For instace, if I could add fields in this house such as title name, address, description, etc. and then like a photo?

I need to know if I can allow to post photos in each house listing, or if I'd have to do some custom work for it. Thanks very much...

Thanks,

CMC
Quote Reply
Re: [rockiniowa] What's a "users review summary"? In reply to
Hi,

User review summary shows a graph of reviews a link has received. You can also see all reviews by a user, but it doesn't have a graph of that.

Quote:
One question. Let's say I want to ad a directory of houses for sale, instead of linking to an external Web site, like is the default settings of Links SQL, can I make my own in-house page for a particular house listing? For instace, if I could add fields in this house such as title name, address, description, etc. and then like a photo?

Yes, you can have a separate page for each house, and you can have photos. You can either create a new field, and put a URL to the photo in the field, or create a new file upload field and upload a file.

Hope that helps,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] What's a "users review summary"? In reply to
Alex,

Thanks for your kind answer. When I am ready, I will also buy a new license for that new portal I am planning to do in a more profitable industry. You probably know more than anybody how much hard work is needed is to make a successful portal, so I am going to be sure I got the time when I start too.

I got that Peru site long ago (you might recall from a few years ago), but although I have the traffic, I have not been able to make it very profitable (e.g. people in third word countries don't use credit cards very often because most can't afford them). So although I still do make some decent money from my US-based visitors, but still I want to make a portal in more profitable industries.

Thanks again for your answer,

Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: [rockiniowa] What's a "users review summary"? In reply to
Hi,

No problem, I hope it works out well for you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.