Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Upload and Other Features

Quote Reply
Upload and Other Features
Hi :o)

I read in the Tour that Links SQL can be used for "press relases, image galleries" etc.

Based on previously playing with Links 2.0 there are some things I'd like to be able to do and I'd just like to check that these are possible with Links SQL:

1. Upload Documents
I'd like users to be able to upload documents in the standard Links directory structure. I know it says you can do it, but as I didn't see it in the demo I just want to be *sure* that there is a way to integrate uploading. If there is, how complicated is this to implement?

2. Details
On Links 2.0 there was the ability to have a text-heavy Details page which I was imagining using as a News article posting tool. Is this feature available with Links SQL? There wouldn't actually be an external link, you see, so I just want to know if this is possible.

3. Access
Is it possible to password protect a single category or subcategory of Links? This would be an NT install.

Thank you very much for your time,
Bri

Quote Reply
Re: Upload and Other Features In reply to
1., yes using a plugin being made by pugdog. (not free but only $50 for this bit i think).

2., yes it is a standard feature

3., don't know. you could do it using .htaccess but i am not sure if it can be done dynamically. It would then mean you couldn't use static pages if you do it just using page.cgi so not sure.

http://www.ASciFi.com/ - The Science Fiction Portal
Quote Reply
The plug-in, now almost ready for prime-time, allows one file attachment per link. Either a logo graphic, or an attachment of another sort. What you do with the attachment (either logo or file) is up to you. It depends on your templates, actually. The only difference is that a .gif/.jpg/.png file will be automatically checked for type and size. Other files are not.

Price is $35 for this mod. Paul was a bit high.

A slightly higher priced version will allow multiple attachments, and more options on dealing with attached images. It will be under $70. I thought I could do them cheaper, but I've added so much in, that support will be a problem initially, at least.

They are also upgradable to the larger, more robust system I've got going (which is my ultimate goal).

These smaller plugins are to release the functions, affordably, much earlier than the big program will be available. People really want this ability, so I'm putting it out. Any day now.

Please check out the PlugIns forums for things people have in the works, including these.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I am using LINKS SQL for my newsletter archive, which works just fine. You can customize and add tables to store different data and then use LINKS SQL to parse that data.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thank you very much, I'll be buying this now :o)

--Bri