Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Times up
I've given up on GT coming up with a new version of links. I don't mean to bash them on their website, I'm sure they are working as fast as they can but does anyone have any experience with anaconda or hyperseek 2000? I have been waiting since June for the new version and I simply must get started and I don't want to start with the existing version. I'm not a programmer so the no modification limit on the other programs is not a problem. Does anyone know of any other suitable products?

Randall

Quote Reply
Re: Times up In reply to
Although I agree with you I know that the LINKS SQL new release has hit a few problems, I do think that it is a little un-proffessional not to keep us informed.

The last thread in the Announcements forum which was posted on the 4th August. Alex stated "We need a few more days", Understandable, but 10 days is a little more than a FEW!

I sympathise with Alex and the rest of the guys and gals at Gossamer it must be embarrasing, but as I have found through running my own business, and learning the hard way, it is always better to keep your customers and potential customers informed of whats going on, even if the news isn't all that good! instead of keeping quite and not saying a thing.

I'm sure the new release is on the way!! and im sure it will be worth the wait!!

Unfortunatey I cannot comment on other software that creates a similar site directory.

Good Luck!

Regards

MDJ1
http://www.isee-multimedia.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Times up In reply to
few [2] (adjective)

First appeared before 12th Century

1 : consisting of or amounting to only a small number <one of our ~ pleasures>

2 : at least some but indeterminately small in number -- used with a <caught a ~ fish>

def 2, indeterminately - not a precise date. small in number though. I don't use Links Sql, but i do imagine that not many of the people using it have written something of its stature and if they have, do respect the fact that it is hard for programmers to say an exact date. If i were a user, i would be glad they don't just say Christmas release, and then suddenly come out with it. At least they are giving you periodic updates about it each time their guessed release date comes around.