Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Searching by fields

Quote Reply
Searching by fields
Hi,
I am very interested in links SQL for a project I will be developing shortly. However I have a few questions:
Is it possible for the user to have the ability to search the database on fields as well as a general one text box search of all data. E.g if I add or modify the fields to include city and district would it be possible to have a search form that searches for records in the city of London and district of Westminster? or would if be possible to hard code a search query that produces the same results.

In addition is it possible for some records to contain a detailed page of information. e.g if the user navigates to entertainment > nightclubs would it be possible so that the when the user clicks on the link it first takes them to a detailed page of information about that nightclub with the link displayed on that page.
However I will only need this functionality for certain categories. On others I will not need a detailed page, just a straightforward title, description, link as it is in the demo.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Reply
Re: Searching by fields In reply to
Yes ... and ... Yes.

Search fields can be added at the command line, via the URL so you can hard-code specific search for things such as New records or maybe all links for Westminster, or alterntively you can modify the search forms to use select fields, input boxes, radio fields, etc. for a field or selection of fields.

I haven't used detailed pages myself, but AFAIK you can build them on a per link basis so it shouldn't be a problem to do what you want.

Hope this helps.

All the best
Shaun