Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Recip mod not working for me

Quote Reply
Recip mod not working for me
Hi,

Just got this message after installing the Recip mod on

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/Detailed/938.html

[Thu Aug 17 13:20:10 2000] Links.pm: Can't locate Links.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /home/fetishengine/cgi-bin/directory/recip.cgi line 8. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/fetishengine/cgi-bin/directory/recip.cgi line 8.

ALSO, after adding a link with recip URL, it does not show up in the database when validating the link ??

Could someone please tell me what I've done wrong !!

thank you

Dane (newbie)

Quote Reply
Re: Recip mod not working for me In reply to
Regarding the error message...Look for the following line in the recip.cgi script:

Code:

use lib 'admin';

Depending on where you have your .pm files located, you need to change admin to the complete absolute path where your .pm files are located.

Example:

Code:

use lib '/absolute/path/to/account/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links';

In Reply To:
ALSO, after adding a link with recip URL, it does not show up in the database when validating the link ??
So, the link is added to the Validate table, right? Have you made any changes to your .def or admin script files that would affect this problem?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Problem #1 solved, recip.cgi running. Thank you, Eliot !

Problem #2: Regarding recip URL never making it from add.cgi to database. I did add Recip field to both Links and Validate, and I and can add the URL from admin.cgi once I get ready to validate, just not from add.cgi ? I'm not sure what .def is/does, looks like some backup for the database ? Every time I try to re-synchronize .def my database becomes changed (weight index disappears).. Confusion !!

Dane

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Every time I try to re-synchronize .def my database becomes changed (weight index disappears)..
That is normal...every time you run setup.cgi and create new tables and def files, the index weights are defaulted back to the original settings (which is weighting the Title). So, you do have re-index after you re-create your tables.

For more information about "syncing"...click on the following search link:

index sync Links SQL

Also, check out pudgog's Links SQL FAQ site, which is linked in the Resource Center.

Okay...about adding the field. Did you add the input fields in your add.html and add_error.html template files?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
The resync/weight problem is a known one. If you look what happens is the DBSQL.pm looks at the database fields, and then assigns the 'default' based on the type of field.

Back during the beta's a number of solutions were suggested, and Alex indicated he liked one of them, so probably this 'problem' will be 'fixed' in the forthcoming release.

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
Thank you for your help and tips everybody. It all working now, now on to the next mod :-)

Dane

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot