Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

One last thing

Quote Reply
One last thing
O.K. I'm the one that posted the shame on GT post in the general disscusion forum and was soundly flamed for doing so. I've decided to give Links 1.11 one last look before deciding to purchase either it or hyperseek and I have a couple of questions.
1. Does links have the ability to weight results so that I could have a certain link be number one and the rest be sorted alphabetically?

2. Does links send acceptance or rejection emails to person that submitted the link?

3. Does links have the "branding" ability that hyperseek does? This allows you to have multiple "looks" to your site using different templates but the same database info. I envision using this to easily create a "low res" version of the site with few graphics but that would be fast loading.

4. Does Links SQL have the ability to have the ratings shown as graphics (one out of 5 stars)

I'm seriously thinking about giving Links 1.11 a go and would like the answers to these questions if anyone is still talking to me.

Randall

Quote Reply
Re: One last thing In reply to
1. Yes (with little modification)
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes (with little modification)

Quote Reply
Is there an online manual or can I download a printable manual for Links SQL?

Randall

Quote Reply
Basically, these forums and the experiences posted here are the manual :)

Nevertheless, there's an installation guide in the LinkSQL package and the script's files are commented.

Quote Reply
And when you purchase Links SQL, you have the option to have Gossamer Threads set up your tables and scripts. Then all you have to do is tweak some of the scripts and PM files, and also modify the templates to look the way you want.

Regards,

Eliot Lee