Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

LSQL From Links 2

Quote Reply
LSQL From Links 2
I am in the process of transfer. same domain name different IP's at present.

1.) Can I do a clean install of LSQL on new ip and have it import links2 data from another ip?

Links2 it eating 100 of links, the whole 500 no#series are gone #600 series are going . can't find any sign of them except they still have a detail page

2.)Would in be bad to do an import with this type of data problem? Should I do a manual trasfer [just have 800 links and about 200 are missing]

Thanks for you time

Ray

aka{Renoir Dawns}
______________Siggy________________
wow 12 years later, and other than I can hear crickets and owls in the background, it looks all the same. even post are still here, not relevant anymore but like tumble weeds to give ya something of a resemblance of life.
Quote Reply
Re: [2Dum2no] LSQL From Links 2 In reply to
Hi...

1) I don't think it will be possible to import from another IP, but your best bet is to install Links SQL, copy over Links 2 onto your new IP, and do the transfer process from there...

I'm not quite sure what your other part of the problem means though Unsure The problem may be that the links that are not showing up, have had their category deleted somehow, and are therefore having the detailed pages built, but because no category page is built, you obviously don't see them Wink I've had that happen before...

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] LSQL From Links 2 In reply to
>>
I don't think it will be possible to import from another IP
<<

It is if the IP is assigned to your ethernet card on the same machine and you have read access to the other virtual host Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] LSQL From Links 2 In reply to
the missing is not from catagory delet. I did try to modify a link Id in that series and from that point things started to get weird. I clicked to add a site in control panel. The Id no# it gave I changed so to over write that link no#. it was an Id of 501. after the add page stated with the next no# in serirs 502 but did not want to over write that link and change it to 700 ID . I am sure that messed things up. I will manualy have to put the 500 serires back in. Just thought it would be best to wait till I got LSQL to do that.

But I am afriad that if I do an import in might import the problem too.

What are my options?
______________Siggy________________
wow 12 years later, and other than I can hear crickets and owls in the background, it looks all the same. even post are still here, not relevant anymore but like tumble weeds to give ya something of a resemblance of life.
Quote Reply
Re: [2Dum2no] LSQL From Links 2 In reply to
Hi,

What I would recommend is install Links SQL on the new IP. Then copy your links2 admin directory to the new machine. Once you've copied it over, run the import and you should be fine. It will get everything that's in the links2 admin.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.