Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Pre Sale Questions

Quote Reply
Pre Sale Questions
Just a few questions. When I purchase Links SQL, is it only a one time fee? or do I have to pay a yearly license fee after the first year? I would like for people to have to Validate their email when signing up for the newsletter, Is it possible with Links SQL?
Quote Reply
Re: [MadCool] Pre Sale Questions In reply to
Hi,

1) Yeah, its just a one off fee, and this includes future updates.

2) I'm not definate on this. I have never used this feature, but as it would seem to be quite a widely used feature, I would say yes Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
You can turn on email validation, and when a user creates an account, it makes them validate their email address.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: Pre Sale Questions In reply to
Sounds good, but the price is still a little steep as compare to in-link.net. They have a nice multi language feature which change the language at the press of a button. Does Link SQL have that? Their price is also much more attractive which might be the deciding factor.
Quote Reply
check out the features page...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...nks-sql/features.htm

about 1/2 way down - language support.

r.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Dec 8, 2002, 8:34 PM
Quote Reply
Eugh, In-Link! I tried installing that for a customer.....their PHP coding was, well, crap! Their static page building process was flaud as much as you could possibly get, as it said it was building the pages, but in fact it wasn't Wink If I were you, I would go with the Pro's directory script (Links SQL), which also has a much larger community working around it, then I very much doubt you will regret it. The price difference is well worth it, from the support you get from GT, and the forum members Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!