Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Pay Per Click Questions

Quote Reply
Pay Per Click Questions
Hi,

I have a few questions abou your PPC plugin.

1) How many sites are actually using it to good effect and making money?
2) Is it possible to turn off the "bid amount" next to a PPC listing? I think this would turn me off as a browser, other PPC engines do not show "bid amount" so I don't understand why this is listed by default?

Thanks,
Kerry
Quote Reply
Re: [tucklis] Pay Per Click Questions In reply to
Hi,

Hope you understand we cannot make public the answer to your first question.

As for the second question, most definitely, it is a template issue, to remove that bid amount is quite simple.

The reason it's there is to show you what is available on that page, so you can call it depending on a variable, for example <%if username%> around that bid amount will only show the bid amount if the user is logged in, this of course dependent on you using dynamic pages.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] Pay Per Click Questions In reply to
So I could make the bid amount viewable for clients who were advertising but invisible to normal users (either logged in or not)?

K
Quote Reply
Yeah, its all template based Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
So I could make the bid amount viewable for clients who were advertising but invisible to normal users (either logged in or not)?

K

Hi tucklis,

Yes you can do that and much much much with Links SQL. I been using Links SQL (with many plugins) and have learned that there is only one limitation with the usage of Links SQL, and that limitation is users imigination.

Also not to mention that GT provides great support.

Hope this helps.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------