Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Parse_RDF.pl Problem

Quote Reply
Parse_RDF.pl Problem
I have been trying to import new links with the new version of Parse_RDF.pl but everytime I tell it to import a category it does find it and then skips it and it doesn't matter if the Append is set to 1 or 0. Is anyone else having this problem. I have edited the content.rdf file with just the categories that I want because of its size, but I am sure my edit are correct. I even tried the old version of it and it does the same. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? This is what it looks like:

# =====================================================================================
# 1. Set this to the location of the content.rdf file (note you can leave the file gzipped).
my $CONTENT = 'content.rdf';

# 2. You can leave the file gzipped if you are short on disk space, just tell
# the program where your gzip program is. The -c decompresses to stdout and is
# required. The -d says to decompress (you can use gunzip as well).
my $GZIP = '';

# 3. Set what subset of the Open Directory you want to parse.
my $SUBSET = 'Top/Recreation/Outdoors/Equipment/Retail/Military_Surplus';

# 4. You can insert the categories into an existing subcategory, or if you leave this
# blank, links will be added to the existing category.
my $PREFIX = 'Gear_And_Surplus/';

# 5. Append? If set to 1 the script will add all links and categories, if set to 0, the
# script will only add links/categories that don't already exist (slows down the parsing).
my $APPEND = 1;

# 6. Defaults to use for Add_Date and Contact Name/Contact Email. Note: Don't set add
# date to today, otherwise you will end up with WAY TO MANY new links.
my $ADD_DATE = '2000-07-04';
my $CONTACT_N = 'admin';
my $CONTACT_E = 'admin@militaryworld.com';

# 7. Max lines per category. Shouldn't need to touch this.
my $max_limit = 5000;

# All done! Run `perl Parse_RDF.pl` from within your setup directory and watch it go.
# =====================================================================================

use lib '..';
use Links;
use Links::DBSQL;
use strict;

Quote Reply
Re: Parse_RDF.pl Problem In reply to
Might be the trailing '/'

I dunno. I have all sorts of problems with the parse, then one time I run it works. I never quite figure out what I've done to make it work :)

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/