Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Links Addons

Quote Reply
Links Addons
I was looking in the Links v2.0 addon library, and seeing tons of stuff I would like to add, but my site is going to require Links SQL.

Will the addons from the non-SQL version apply to the SQL version? Things like the reviews addon etc.?

Thanks very much!

Colin

Quote Reply
Re: Links Addons In reply to
You will have to edit most if not all the Mods for Links 2.0 to work with LINKS SQL.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Doh! And is it really hard to get stuff like reviews or the other links 2.0 addons to work with SQL?

Quote Reply
Widgetz will be upgrading his Review.cgi script when the new Links SQL script is released and the other add-ons will take some work to convert to Links SQL.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok, good to know, thanks very much.
Is there a release date for the new version? Links SQL seems to be the one I will need, but I'd hate to spend $450 on it the week before the new version comes out.

Thanks for all your quick replies.

Colin

Quote Reply
Don't know...and the better thing to do is pay close attention to the Announcements forum OR contact Gossamer Threads directly through their contact form.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Alex has stated that upgrades are free for Links SQL license holders. Buying now will not result in any loss of money, but it might be worth waiting so as to not have to install twice. Your call.

Dan