Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

License Questions

Quote Reply
License Questions
The license is a little vague:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...inks-sql/license.htm

Does a license mean per server or per domain? I own a server with multiple domains on it.

What about subdomains? Can I use one license on a.me.com, b.me.com and c.me.com?
Quote Reply
Re: [vicos2] License Questions In reply to
One license per installation of the software. You could use multiple domains, but they would have to point to the same install of Links SQL. Otherwise, you would need a license for each copy you have installed.

Sean
Quote Reply
This is an extract from the Links SQL 2.1.1 Licence Agreement:

Quote:

This license covers one installation of the program on one domain/url
only.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Just the "official" answer: they are both correct. Like most software, one license covers one installation of the program. We also restrict it to one domain only as we have had ISP's attempt to modify it so one installation could serve all their customers.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] License Questions In reply to
In Reply To:
One license per installation of the software. You could use multiple domains, but they would have to point to the same install of Links SQL. Otherwise, you would need a license for each copy you have installed.

Sean

Alex is this correct?
Quote Reply
Re: [imax] License Questions In reply to
As Alex mentioned, one license = one installation of the script. So from my understanding this means you could use 100 domain names as long as they all pointed to one installation of Links SQL

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 29, 2002, 7:10 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [imax] License Questions In reply to
Yes that is correct. In fact you can go as far as to create 100 template sets that match 100 sites of yours and call a seperate template set for each domain as it is requested. Pretty cool!Cool