Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Import Links From My Current Directory Site

Quote Reply
Import Links From My Current Directory Site
Hello,

I am debating on the purchase of the Links SQL application and need some help. I currently run a Directory listing site http://www.Zubby.Com which generates a great deal of traffic and already has very many links within the directory. Would it be possible to import the current links from my site into the the new system without having to purchase the spider plug in yet? The current site runs on an asp platform.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Randy
Quote Reply
Re: [zubby.com] Import Links From My Current Directory Site In reply to
Hi Randy,

Is there any way for you to export the data you have on your site right now? Perhaps to a delimited text file? If you can, we can import the data into Links SQL without much trouble.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806
Quote Reply
Re: [JackOng] Import Links From My Current Directory Site In reply to
The only thing that I can do is download the Access database. Also, does the following apply to the Links SQL application also?

Competitive Upgrade Offer - We offer 50% off if you are already a licensed user of a commercial forum package. Simply enter into the order comments the software you are currently running, and where it is installed, and we'll take 50% off your order!

Randy
Quote Reply
Hi Randy,

Access databases can be exported into text files, so that should work for us. There will need to be an import script written to map the fields in your database with the ones that Links SQL requires, but that should not take very long.

Unfortunately, no, the competitive upgrade offer only applies to Gossamer Forum.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [JackOng] Import Links From My Current Directory Site In reply to
Would this require any additional costs to import the current Links? Also, how would I Import a complete Dmoz or yahoo category for just Caribbean Related sites? Is this in fact possible?

Kind Regards,

Randy
Quote Reply
Hi Randy,

Yes, we would need to charge you a fee for the import script necessary to import your existing database. However, I don't like to discuss pricing on the forum, can you please send me an email to jack@gossamer-threads.com and we can talk about this project in more detail?

Thanks,

Jack.