Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

How many sites can I use LinksSQL licence on???

Quote Reply
How many sites can I use LinksSQL licence on???
Hi there
I bought a copy of Links SQL in June to use on one site, the one thing I am a bit confused about its how many times can I use the software. Can I use it on more than one site is the licence for only one unique URL???? eg: can I use it on www.anything.com, www.anythingelse.com and www.whatever.com

each site will be based on a different theme and concept.

The terms of the licence on the Links SQL page don't mention this.

thanks

LeslieSmile
Quote Reply
Re: [bunder] How many sites can I use LinksSQL licence on??? In reply to
Here are some recent threads which cover your question:

http://gossamer-threads.com/...rname=Alex&mh=50

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 22, 2002, 9:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] How many sites can I use LinksSQL licence on??? In reply to
thanks for the info. but still a bit confused as the license page does not make it clear.

Can someone clarify what happens when you purchase Links SQL?

I am using it on one site called mysite.com, but I now want to create a different site at othersite.com and sometime in the future I may also want to have yetanothersite.com - do I have to have paid for three licences? Or does my first licence entitle me to use it for other sites that I own as well?

thanks

Leslie

In Reply To:
Here are some recent threads which cover your question:

http://gossamer-threads.com/...rname=Alex&mh=50
Quote Reply
Then you'd have to puchase separate licenses for the other "sites" you want to install Links SQL.

mysite.com = 1 license
myothersite.com = 1 license
myyetothersite.com = 1 license

and so on...

TOTAL: 3 licenses
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Quote:
I am using it on one site called mysite.com, but I now want to create a different site at othersite.com and sometime in the future I may also want to have yetanothersite.com - do I have to have paid for three licences? Or does my first licence entitle me to use it for other sites that I own as well?

Alex states this clearly in the posts I linked to:

Quote:
one license covers one installation of the program. We also restrict it to one domain only
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] How many sites can I use LinksSQL licence on??? In reply to
Quote:
Quote:
one license covers one installation of the program. We also restrict it to one domain only
[/reply]--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading