Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Gossamer Shared Hosting?

Quote Reply
Gossamer Shared Hosting?
I feel that I would be best served by using Gossamer Hosting however I am not in a financial postion at this time to reserve and use a dedicated server. I am interested in using the Shared hosting to start. Questions below:
  1. Can I use the shared hosting to run a Links SQL site?
  2. At a point in the future is it possible to move from a shared environment to a dedicated one? What is involved?
  3. From a support standpoint what are the differences between shared and dedicated? Does Gossamer manage it as they seem to do the dedicated install of Links SQL?
  4. What is the best way to determine hardware/bandwidth/hosting plan requirements for a new unmarketed site? Of course I plan on changing the unmarketed part.

Any other info concerning hosting is appreciated. I do feel that I will be more comfortable utilizing Gossamer Hosting.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: [rlesley] Gossamer Shared Hosting? In reply to
>> Can I use the shared hosting to run a Links SQL site?

yes

>> At a point in the future is it possible to move from a shared environment to a dedicated one? What is involved?

yes

>> From a support standpoint what are the differences between shared and dedicated? Does Gossamer manage it as they seem to do the dedicated install of Links SQL?

Not sure what you mean here.

>> What is the best way to determine hardware/bandwidth/hosting plan requirements for a new unmarketed site? Of course I plan on changing the unmarketed part.

Gotta do some planning. Depends on the site, the content, the market, etc.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [rlesley] Gossamer Shared Hosting? In reply to
>> At a point in the future is it possible to move from a shared environment to a dedicated one? What is involved? <<<

There is normally a charge of $75 to transfer an installation of LinksSQL.

>>>From a support standpoint what are the differences between shared and dedicated? Does Gossamer manage it as they seem to do the dedicated install of Links SQL? <<<

GT support is great anyway. If you are getting shared or dedicated hosting from them, I very much doubt you will feel negleted :)

>>>What is the best way to determine hardware/bandwidth/hosting plan requirements for a new unmarketed site? Of course I plan on changing the unmarketed part.<<<

What kind of site are you looking at?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Gossamer Shared Hosting? In reply to
Quote:
There is normally a charge of $75 to transfer an installation of LinksSQL.
Normally, yes, but if you are moving from a shared account to a dedicated account, we transfer your entire site for free. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.