Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Few quick questions.. Help me decide!

Quote Reply
Few quick questions.. Help me decide!
Thinking of upgrading my Links 2.0 ASAP to something better, of course I want to give LinksSQL my first concideration.

Four things I know I will require...

Statically Built Pages
Premium/Sponsored Links
Reciprocal Link Checker
Link Expiration

I know that I have read that the pages can be generated statically, great..

Is there a mod for all three of these.. Premium/Sponsored Links, Reciprocal Link Checker & Link Expiration ? How hard (1 to 10) to install the mod? Is it an automatic plugin? What website has the info on them?

Also, what version of LinksSQL are you at? When is the next one due to be released?
Quote Reply
Re: [madtech] Few quick questions.. Help me decide! In reply to
Hi.

>>>Premium/Sponsored Links <<<

This can be done by installing my Recip_Link plugin. You can manually set the isFeatured flag to 'yes'.

>>>Reciprocal Link Checker <<<

My Recip_Link plugin should do what you want: http://www.ultranerds.com/...etail_page.cgi?ID=18

>>>Link Expiration <<<

My Expire_Links plugin should do this. http://www.ultranerds.com/...etail_page.cgi?ID=12

>>>Also, what version of LinksSQL are you at? When is the next one due to be released? <<<

2.1.2 is the current version.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Few quick questions.. Help me decide! In reply to
What I am looking for is the ability to allow anyone, with hand validation by editors, to be able to submit a free listing, but if they contact me to order (doesn't need to be handled by the script) a premier/featured listing they can be listed above everyone else for a few bucks.

Those who have a free listing are required to have a recip link on thier site pointing back to me (for advertising purposes) those who pay the few bucks for a set period of time should not be required to have a recip link back to me if they dont want to.

All free links will be set to expire on a set time, 3 months, 6 months? People should recieve an email ahead of time giving them a few weeks to update their link submission and keep it from expiring.

Paid/Premium links will expire after the set time (for which they paid for) and should have the user option to pay for the link again (keep it premium), make the link a free link (requiring them to put up a recip link to me) or delete the link.

Do you think the two above mentioned script will do this out of the box?
Quote Reply
Re: [madtech] Few quick questions.. Help me decide! In reply to
I don't think they will do this out of the box, as normally Expire_Links only handles one time expiration dates. Both of them could be modified to do what you want, but it would cost extra. Please email me at andy@ultranerds.com if you would like me to quote you on this.

The part where you are processing payments manually should work out of the box.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!