Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Creating a SQL Database...

Quote Reply
Creating a SQL Database...
Hi. Can someone please tell me how to create a SQL database. I can easily install other scritpts, but have NO IDEA about making MySQL scripts, i want to try and broaden the amount of script i can install! (and possibly purchase Links SQL when i learn how to do it!).

Any help would be much appreciated

Andy

P.S. I don't have TelNet, but do have MySQL on my server (note, i am not hosted on a proper hosting company, just a mates server which he uses for his sites :)) Thanks again for any help you can offer

Quote Reply
Re: Creating a SQL Database... In reply to
Without shell access, you are quite restricted.

You must have shell access to install LINKS SQL. Also, having shell access does help at times with running command lines...although the SQL Monitor in MySQLMan is very useful.

As a start, I would learn about SQL first and then read about MySQL (www.mysql.com), then explore applications.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Can i create a database though? Maybe for other scripts? Also would mySQLman be able to make a database for me?

Yours

A.J.Newby
webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Also would mySQLman be able to make a database for me?
Yes...you can add databases and tables via MySQLMan...although your hosting company may have restrictions on the number of actions (Like adding, deleting databases) in their MySQL server. When you install MySQLMan and use it, you should see a list of databases that you have access to, and then you can add tables in those databases.

Keep in mind that some hosting companies only give ONE MySQL database per customer and that you may have to purchase additional databases.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
My host is a mate of mine, but he has no idea on how to add SQL databases even though his server has the capabilities! I just thought i would try and implement the use of SQL on the site now as it looks very usefull and much faster...

Thanks

A.J.Newby Cool

Quote Reply
Does he have MySQL installed??? If not, then he needs to install it.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
This thread is identical to the other one called "Banner Scripts" or something like that.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)