Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Can I still use the following Links 2.0 mods?

Quote Reply
Can I still use the following Links 2.0 mods?
Hi,

Well, I just try the demo of Links SQL, Its a perfect directory system! I have a question that can I still use following the links 2.0 mods with the Links SQL?

I have following mods installed in my links 2.0

a) three level of "new" and "updated" icons modification for links.

b) some extra fields.

d) editor picks mod

Moreover, Can I have a option to disable the registration in Links SQL for rating a link? (I want my visitors rate a link without any registrations).

Is Links SQL faster then Links SQL? Is Its make a little more load on server then Links 2.0 or not?

Please provide answers of these questions, so I can finally decide to buy Links SQL!
Best Regards,
Bilal
Quote Reply
Re: [Bilal] Can I still use the following Links 2.0 mods? In reply to
Yes, a,b and c are possible (with either plugins, or with very simple modifications).

>>>Is Links SQL faster then Links SQL? Is Its make a little more load on server then Links 2.0 or not? <<<

Its a lot faster. If you have mod_perl installed too, you can see tremendous improvments in speed. Remember, Links SQL han handle as many links/categories as your server will let you. Links 2 has such limitations (like 1000 or less links). Its definatly worth the money if you want to buy it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can I still use the following Links 2.0 mods? In reply to
Thanks for the answers...
Best Regards,
Bilal