Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Can I import username/password from links2?

Quote Reply
Can I import username/password from links2?
When I import links from links2 to sql:

1) Can I import the data from links2 for some extra fields that I have added? Will the import feature automatically import data for all fields or will it just import only standard fields?

2) Can I import username/email address to setup sql user accounts so they can easily update their links once I migrate? If not, how do I allow links2 users access to their data - do I have to populate the user tables manually for each user?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Can I import username/password from links2? In reply to
AKAIK, you can completely upgrade from Links2 to LSQL.
This also means, you can import your data easily.

Quote:
1) Can I import the data from links2 for some extra fields that I have added? Will the import feature automatically import data for all fields or will it just import only standard fields?
Depends, if you have added them correctly into the Link 2.0 .def files.

Quote:
2) Can I import username/email address to setup sql user accounts so they can easily update their links once I migrate? If not, how do I allow links2 users access to their data - do I have to populate the user tables manually for each user?
AKAIK, yes, it also imports the email addresses.
But as I know Links 2.0 didn't have passwords, so no passwords are imported.
You should email the new password for each user.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Can I import username/password from links2? In reply to
Thanks for your reply - after several tests I was able to figure out how to do it after making some changes the import script and I am able to import my data.

It is amazing even in the sales area how all these legitimate and important questions go unanswered by GT and you have to rely on one of the community members to get answers.

Last edited by:

socrates: Dec 9, 2005, 5:43 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm.. users should be imported without the need for any changes :/ (at least they have been in upgrades I've done recently).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Socrates,

If you're looking for an immediate answer to your questions from GT staff, please use the contact form:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/contact/

We're very busy, fortunately, and are unable sometimes to reply to Forum posts in a timely fashion, our apologies. We do rely on our competent and helpful Community in the forum quite a lot for Forum replies.

Jack.

Last edited by:

Jack: Dec 11, 2005, 8:51 AM