Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Fatal Error
Hi,

I'm not too clued up on PHP and need some advice on what to do. I've just tried to set my Links SQL up to use PHP instead of static HTML pages and whenever I visit page.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required './admin/Links/PHP/Links.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php/PEAR') in /home/httpd/docs/pages/page.php on line 21

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I had the static version working, and could use the CGI dynamic version, but not the dynamic PHP version.

Thanks in advance,
Amanda
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoken] Fatal Error In reply to
Looks like you need to verify that /admin/Links/PHP/*.inc.php exists. If they are, make sure they are CHMODed correctly, as that can't sometimes affect the operation of it.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Do you have the php path set correctly in the admin panel?
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Fatal Error In reply to
Wow, that has to be the fastest responses ever Smile - thanks Andy and Paul!

The permissions on the inc.php files in the admin folder all seemed to be fine, and the db_php_url was pointing to where the page.php file was located.

Because I got the error when trying to open page.php I thought I'd take another look at the source code, and somehow managed to fix my problem after changing the $admin_root_path from './admin' to the perl version I'm familiar with: '/home/httpd/docs/cgi-bin/admin';

Thankyou kindly for your help anyway, I appreciate the effort!

I have silly question I thought I'd ask while I'm on a roll for asking stupid questions.. The readme file says that the PHP version doesn't support plugins. Does this mean that I can't use plugins such as MyLinks (not currently using, but want to down the track) simply by linking to the existing files used by the static SQL version? I mean, MyLinks is a program/script in it's own right, so how will using PHP effect this if I use the plain old CGI version of the plugin?

Kind regards,
Amanda
Quote Reply
Quote:
I have silly question I thought I'd ask while I'm on a roll for asking stupid questions.. The readme file says that the PHP version doesn't support plugins. Does this mean that I can't use plugins such as MyLinks (not currently using, but want to down the track) simply by linking to the existing files used by the static SQL version? I mean, MyLinks is a program/script in it's own right, so how will using PHP effect this if I use the plain old CGI version of the plugin?

What this means is, that PHP scripts cannot really be made into plugins very easily. You can still use thing such as MyLinks, but it will have to be with the .cgi extension, and with the normal templates (not PHP ones).

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Fatal Error In reply to
Phew, I thought I was limiting myself to a plugin-less Links SQL by using the PHP version. I'm happy to use both CGI and PHP at the same time, it doesn't really make much difference to me - I don't know what I'm doing either way. Smile

Thanks again for your help, and for answering my question(s) so quickly. Have a great day!

Regards,
Amanda