Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

validation code error

Quote Reply
validation code error
I have just installed a fresh GL Version: 3.2.0 and now users cannot register.
Please help.

GT::Session::SQL (15789): Failed to execute query: 'DELETE FROM lsql_Sessions WHERE (session_date < ? AND session_expires = ?)': Unknown column 'session_expires' in 'where clause' at /home/uf/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/Links/Authenticate.pm line 172.
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] validation code error In reply to
Your are missing the session_expires column, which means something went wrong during the installation. Did you see any errors during installation? You can try deleting the lsql_Sessions table and recreating the tables, but that doesn't guarantee that your other tables are complete.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] validation code error In reply to
I installed it with no problems. I didn’t create the new tables I used the old database from GL 3.0 which was using the lsql_ from the older versions.
Can I try to use the “Load table info from an existing set of tables (or resync the def files if you have changed your defs manually).”
In the Setup>> SQL Server?
I worry to use this.
Quote Reply
Thanks your advice worked. I deleted the table and created new one. Cool!
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] validation code error In reply to
You should not be running 3.2 code with a 3.0 database. You database is missing all sorts of columns which have been added/modified since 3.0. You need to upgrade your database by going to Setup => Misc Options => show_upgrade_rerun (Shown). Then Updates => Re-run Upgrade 3.0.0 -> 3.2.0.

The database needs to be in sync with the software. If you have a database that was in use with 3.0, then if you move servers or reinstall, you need to install 3.0 and then upgrade to the latest version. You should not install the latest version with an old database.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks.
I just didn’t find the way how to update the url in my GT account so I can run the updates. I heard you can change it limited number of times..?? I didn’t change it never in fact it was never set.