Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

upload file

Quote Reply
upload file
After searching I don't understand if the upload-mod is available seperate or as part of an plug-in. This
because I would like to upgrade from my links2.0 to SQL. But currently i'm offering users to upload an Word-document with every link and I would like to keep this feature in the sql version. (I'm using links2.0 for a extensive bookreview system) The upload could just be stored on the server; i'm not even sure if sql would be able to save attachments :-)

Quote Reply
Re: upload file In reply to
Ok.

If you are storing just "text" as a review, it's better to provide a field in the Link record, defined as <TEXT> that will store the text. It's the simplest, and MySQL will manage it, and it's availble as a body tag, and you can use global functions to modify it, etc.

If you need it to be an attachment, such as a .doc or .pdf file, then the upload mod I have will work, with minor adjustments. I could alter it for you, changing the graphics routines to text or other routines.

It's available as a plug-in for $35.

I'll have a bigger brother out once the bugs in this one are fixed (there is an error reporting problem I can't figure out, and set Alex upon!), that will allow any sort of file attachment, and multiple attachments, using a process similar to "catlinks", identifying the attachment by the Link ID.

The switch to the SQL version is wonderful! While I realize not all the mods are there, this is one I could adapt to your situation, or maybe you just need to do something as simple as adding a field to your links record!

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ:http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ
Forum:http://LinkSQL.com/forum
Quote Reply
Re: upload file In reply to
Thanks for your reply,

I think I would need your mod, because I need to allow users to upload their word-document. Just really simple, so a link can redirect users to the word-document. But it will take some time before I order the package; I just wanted to investigate already.