Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

upgrade error with 2.0.5 to 2.1.1

Quote Reply
upgrade error with 2.0.5 to 2.1.1
I am upgrading LinksSQL 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 and when running the install.cgi, I got this really long list of 'permission denied' messages and then at the end was the error message:

Can't locate GT/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 . /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503) at /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/linksupgrade/install.cgi line 8332.

Any Idea how to fix this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [YouHO] upgrade error with 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 In reply to
Hello!

Yes, because the path of the current installation is not given correctly. An accurate path you could get is from Setup>>> paths and urls from the admin menu and copy cut and paste the admin relative path written in the admin_root_path.

An update of perl 5.0 to 5.6 may also be good?
Quote Reply
Re: [YouHO] upgrade error with 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 In reply to
What path did you enter into the admin path field on the first screen of the installer?

It should be:

/www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] upgrade error with 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 In reply to
Yes, I am using the correct path when I got the error. I changed the install directory to be inside links so it would be inside my user id area (huge) so that the permissions would be correct, but now got this error: Software error:

Can't locate GT/CGI/MultiPart.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /www/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/admin /www/hosthive/splash.hostinghive.com/site_perl /usr/local/lib/site_perl/5.00503/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 . /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/ /usr/local/lib/perl) at /www/huge/www.youho.com/cgi-bin/links/linksupgrade/install.cgi line 3085.