Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

upgrade`problem

Quote Reply
upgrade`problem
HI All-

I just did the automatic upgrade to 3.3 and now my index is showing 404 not found. I backed up the templates and then after the upgrade, noticing the problem, I placed the old template files back. Then another rebuild and when I click on dynamic my page shows up but the static won't build an index page. The other static pages like New and Cool are throwing internal error messages. All my permissions are showing ok and not sure where else to look.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] upgrade`problem In reply to
SSmeredith wrote:
HI All-

I just did the automatic upgrade to 3.3 and now my index is showing 404 not found. I backed up the templates and then after the upgrade, noticing the problem, I placed the old template files back. Then another rebuild and when I click on dynamic my page shows up but the static won't build an index page. The other static pages like New and Cool are throwing internal error messages. All my permissions are showing ok and not sure where else to look.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

In relation to 404 for index page, I would recommend to check your settings under Admin => Build Options => build_index => and make sure that it is set to proper default settings. Also just for testing you should also test build_root_url/build_index So even if the default url settings on your server is different than in GLinks, it should show you directory's home page. In addition, if dynamic section is working just fine, I think it might just be an issue with setting under Build Options.

I would try doing the same thing for New and Cool Pages and see if how it displayes.

Hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Mmm, may be worth talking to GT (email support @ gossamer-threads.com )

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hard to say really. E-mail support with ssh access and admin panel access.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] upgrade`problem In reply to
Thank you rfor our advice, SW-I did those rebuilds and tested - it's something really strange.

I'm going to take Adrian and Andy's advice and send in a support ticket.

Thanks -

M

Quote Reply
You may want to check your Paths in setup

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] upgrade`problem In reply to
Just finished up with the host. I had to do a restore back to the previous version. After looking through the restored files, I noticed the .htaccess file was changed in the upgrade as it looked altered from this older file. I can't be sure that was the entire problem but it was the what I noticed right off. I'll make a backup of the .htaccess and then replace that after the new install - we'll see how that goes.

Thank you so much for your help (and you too Jack for your prompt reply Smile)
This has always been my favorite forum!!

Have a good one-
M