Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

template sets questions

Quote Reply
template sets questions
Hi

I am a total newbie as far as links sql goes, just purchased and just installed - very easy I may saySmile

I have a question about the supplied template sets that I have uploaded and tried out. - Only one of the template sets seems to include the browser range of html pages required for editors to use when logged in.

I applied the simple template set and logged in with editor rights and then clicked on the editor link on the menu. This resulted in an error, I tried this with all supplied templates with the same result bar the MINT template which opened up the editor screen correctly. I enabled debug to see if I could spot the error being generated and noticed that it was reporting missing browser.html

I uploaded all the standard set of browser related pages that are in the default template into the simple template and now everything works correctly.

Is this a proper fix for this error or am I missing something in the settings?

I need to integrate links sql into my existing site and the simple template set seemed to be the easiest to work with for this. Am I losing any functionality by using the simple templates?

Regards Cliff
Quote Reply
Re: [Fazzer] template sets questions In reply to
When you say 'editor' do you mean browser.cgi?

The editor only has browser_*.html templates, held in admin/templates/admin I believe. I do not think/know there is such a thing as different template sets for the editor system. Its a case of creating them yourself Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!