Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

short category tag?

Quote Reply
short category tag?
Hi

Linked title: Hjem : Kommunikasjon : Logo
Header: Kommunikasjon: Logo

Is there a short title tag? Because I donīt want the header to repeat the Linked Title to the category...

Thanks.

Are

Quote Reply
Re: short category tag? In reply to
I believe that you could simply use <%title_linked%> either at the bottom of the header file or at the top of each template file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes, I want to, and have, the title linked bar.

But I want only the current category name as header in the subcategories. Now, it displays the hole category name in plain text. Cars : Ford : Wheels is an example of the category name. Linked title tag shows : Home : Cars : Ford :Wheels,and thats fine. But a line below, the tag category_name is used, and that shows almost the hole linked title tag again. When I dive in the a subcategory, I want it to only show the current category in catergory_name...Iīm lookin for a short_category_name type....

Thanks

Are

Quote Reply
Forget it my bad...I thought you were looking for something else. Didn't really read the post.
Quote Reply
Hi!

In your template you can use: <%category_short%> to display just the last part of the category name.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] short category tag? In reply to
But I cannot use thes tags in the home.html, I want to hide some categories like that,

Code:
<%loop category_loop%>
<%if name ne ('Partner' or 'Markt')%>
<%category_name_escaped%>
<%endif%>
<%endloop%>
instead of <%category%>

Greetings, Chris

Thanks a lot for your help,
Christian

Quote Reply
Re: [cwschroeder] short category tag? In reply to
Hi,

The category loop only has the properties in the Category table. So you would want to use <%Name%> for the short name, or <%Full_Name%> for the full name.

You can put <%GT::Template::dump%> anywhere to see a nice table of all the tags available.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] short category tag? In reply to
Sorry Alex,

I have unterstood now, but it doesn't work.

May you cave a look on it:
http://www.guxme.de/cgi-bin/ls/page.cgi?d=1

Why is īteh category Agenturen missing?

I need a way to hide the two categories Markt and Partner from the normal <%category%>-tag,
what's the best way to do that?

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks a lot for your help,
Christian