Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

setup.cgi internal server error

Quote Reply
setup.cgi internal server error
Hi, I'm trying to install links sql. The first part, running install.cgi went fine. It created all the necessary files and directories. It then took me to admin.cgi where it said I need to set-up the database information next. I clicked the "next" button and it takes me to setup.cgi and I immediately get a 500 internal server error. The persmissions for setup.cgi are 755. I don't have telnet access and don't have any error logs available. Any idea why admin.cgi would run fine, but not setup.cgi?

Thanks,
Paula
Quote Reply
Re: [pjakobs] setup.cgi internal server error In reply to
Hi,

This has been fixed in 2.1.0. Basically it means you don't have DBI module installed. You need to install DBI and DBD::mysql (assuming you are using mysql as your database server).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] setup.cgi internal server error In reply to
Hi, the ISP says that these modules are installed. Also, I get the internal server error even before I get a chance to enter any database information.
Quote Reply
Re: [pjakobs] setup.cgi internal server error In reply to
Hi,

I'm 99% ceartain that is the problem you are seeing. If you can upload this simple test script:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perlprint "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
eval { require DBI; };
if ($@) { print "Not Installed: $@"; }
else { print "Installed!"; }

Upload that script and see if it says Installed.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] setup.cgi internal server error In reply to
Aha! You're right, the test failed. Ok, have to have a little talk with the ISP. Thanks.