Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

restoring back up

Quote Reply
restoring back up
Greetings,

I am trying to restore the backup.

/home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/backup/BACKUP.3

above is where the back up is stored. I attempted to change the CHMOD to 755 and 777 as per the error mentioned below under the Base.pm file, but it still doesn't fix the problem.

What am I doing wrong?

www.bethecause.org/cgi-bin/portal/admin/admin.cgi - is how the system can be accessed.

Any assistance you could provide, would be much appreciated.

thanks,

pvm

-pvm- Verifying table headers ... Checking Users Checking Links Checking Changes Checking Category Checking Reviews Checking CatLinks Checking CatRelations Checking Editors Checking Verify Checking Sessions

A fatal error has occured:
GT::SQL (10433): File '/home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/defs/lsql_Sessions.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details. Stack Trace======================================Links (10433): Links::environment called at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/Links.pm line 430 with no arguments.Links (10433): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::error line 360 with arguments (GT::SQL (10433): File '/home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/defs/lsql_Sessions.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62. ).Links (10433): GT::Base::error called at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62 with arguments (GT::SQL=HASH(0x8384ee8), FILENOEXISTS, FATAL, /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/defs/lsql_Sessions.def).Links (10433): GT::SQL::Base::table called at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 106 with arguments (GT::SQL=HASH(0x8384ee8), Sessions).Links (10433): Links::Import::BKS2::import called at nph-import.cgi line 221 with arguments (HASH(0x8384da4), CODE(0x8363db0), CODE(0x8363e58), CODE(0x8363cfc)).Links (10433): main::do_import called at nph-import.cgi line 147 with arguments (delimiter, |, clear_tables, 1, Interface_CGI, 1, destination, /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/defs, error_file, STDOUT, source, /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/backup/BACKUP.3, transfer, BKS2).Links (10433): main::main called at nph-import.cgi line 28 with no arguments.System Information======================================Perl Version: 5.006001Links SQL Version: 2.1.1DBI.pm Version: 1.18Persistant Env: mod_perl (0) SpeedyCGI (0)GT::SQL::error = GT::SQL (10433): File '/home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/defs/lsql_Sessions.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 62.@INC = /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .CGI INPUT======================================Interface_CGI => 1clear_tables => 1delimiter => |destination => /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/defssource => /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/backup/BACKUP.3transfer => BKS2ENVIRONMENT======================================CONTENT_LENGTH => 222CONTENT_TYPE => application/x-www-form-urlencodedDOCUMENT_ROOT => /home/wh56069/public_htmlGATEWAY_INTERFACE => CGI/1.1GT_TMPDIR => /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/tmpHTTP_ACCEPT => image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflateHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => en-usHTTP_CACHE_CONTROL => no-cacheHTTP_CONNECTION => Keep-AliveHTTP_HOST => www.bethecause.orgHTTP_REFERER => http://www.bethecause.org/cgi-bin/portal/admin/nph-import.cgiHTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; YComp 5.0.0.0)PATH => /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/binQUERY_STRING => REMOTE_ADDR => 203.194.45.141REMOTE_PORT => 3459REQUEST_METHOD => POSTREQUEST_URI => /cgi-bin/portal/admin/nph-import.cgiSCRIPT_FILENAME => /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/nph-import.cgiSCRIPT_NAME => /cgi-bin/portal/admin/nph-import.cgiSERVER_ADDR => 66.36.102.80SERVER_ADMIN => wh56069@bethecause.orgSERVER_NAME => www.bethecause.orgSERVER_PORT => 80SERVER_PROTOCOL => HTTP/1.1SERVER_SOFTWARE => Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3
Quote Reply
Re: [prerna] restoring back up In reply to
I have been trying to get assistance in loading a backup as well.

I can not re-import an automatic backup without getting lots of errors Pirate

I have noticed that in my backup, the table definition order (before the data in th automatic backup) is not the same as the data's actual order of columns and their values. I think that may be why I am going in limbo... What do I need to do to reload this backup? How should I edit the links.def file?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] restoring back up In reply to
I think I may have a solution for your problem.

Click on Rebuild search and Rebuild tables

View the file that you want to back up. See the order of the tables and create identical tables once again, then resync your tables and then try the back up again.

I however have tried that for my problem, but it does not resolve it. I think my problem is something else. I had a similar problem as you before and it got fixed by the above mentioned solution.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, then I have no other ideas to offer you.

pvm
Quote Reply
What order for the columns should I use?

A. The order the data is actually in

B. The order that is listed in the Backup's table definition

These two orders for the columns are different in my latest backup.

(The backups that are generated on every build contain a table definition included with the data)

Last edited by:

nt6: Feb 18, 2003, 10:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] restoring back up In reply to
You must have changed the order of the tables before doing your last back up, which is why it did a back up in a different order other than the default created by the system when you install the program.

So I would guess that you would need to create the tables in the order in which the back up was done to restore the back up.

pvm
Quote Reply
Prerna...just an idea. How about going into Setup > SQL Database, and then re-creating tables that do not exist. DO NOT overwrite the existing tables, or it will wipe your new columns etc.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] restoring back up In reply to
Dear Andy,

Just knowning that you were thinking about a solution for my problem allows me to experience extreme gratitude.

We have re-set the whole system and try to do it all over again. I got an error saying

lsql_sessions.def file does not exists. So I created a blank and I tried to import again.

I then got the below error message. I don't u/stnd why so many issues, when it should be a simple import procedure. The only thing that I can think about which has changed from the last web hoster is the name of the data base. Why would that create so many missing files / folders?

I have no idea where to create those new missing table headers?

Verifying table headers ...
Checking Users
Checking Links
Checking Changes
Checking Category
Checking Reviews
Checking CatLinks
Checking CatRelations
Checking Editors
Checking Verify
Checking Sessions
Checking EmailTemplates
Checking MailingList
Checking EmailMailings
Checking MailingIndex
Checking MailingListIndex
Checking ClickTrack

CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED:
The following columns in the Sessions table

(/home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/backup/BACKUP.3)
are NOT in the Links SQL database: session_id, session_user_id, session_date, session_data.

They will have to be created prior to performing this import. at /home/wh56069/public_html/cgi-bin/portal/admin/Links/Import/BKS2.pm line 122

in gratitude
-pvm-
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] restoring back up In reply to
I just had a thought, are the back ups subject to the tables we first have to create on our mysql database?

I was informed that mysql database back ups were not necessary and that the links sql back up takes care of everything?

-pvm-
Quote Reply
Unfortunatly, the LSQL backups do now take care of the extra tables/fields you may have added. That is why my Cron_Manager takes a MySQLDump of the database, rather than simply a LSQL backup file....

If you PM me over your details (and the path to your backup file you wanna restore), I'll have a look for you...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!