Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

restart popular ranks

Quote Reply
restart popular ranks
Hi All-

I want to start my popular (Cool) sites over. How do I clear them?

Thanks

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Aug 11, 2004, 7:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] restart popular ranks In reply to
Hi. You would probably need to just reset "Hits", "Votes" and "Ratings".

Something like this in MySQLMonitor;

UPDATE lsql_Links SET Hits = 0, Votes = 0, Ratings = 0;

This will DELETE ALL YOUR VOTES/HITS, so please be sure you want to do this, before running the command =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] restart popular ranks In reply to
No, don't want to do that. Any other suggestions?
Quote Reply
Afraid not then :(

AFAIK, the sites popularity is worked out on a sub of the hits, votes, and overall rating. Deleting one/all of these should stop links being popular... but you will loose your hits/rankings etc :(

Alternativly, you could just remove the "isPop" stuff in link.html, and then take out the section in Setup > Build Options > category_sort_order, so that isPop DESC is removed.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Cool sites are just built from the number of Hits - so one thing you could do if you didn't want to completely lose this information is just make another field in the links table called OldHits and copy the data from Hits into OldHits and then set Hits to zero.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] restart popular ranks In reply to
Hi.

Actually , i would never prefer to delete any "Data Gathered Over A Period Of Time". However, may be following could be added as a feature to Cool Links utility:

Monthly Span of Cool Links on the Cool page In Addition To The Global One which runs at present if possible. For example, one on the Cool page, Jan/Feb/Mar...../Dec sort of Monthly Stats for the Cool Links Be there, and Perhaps a similar stuff for "Top Rated" also.

Thanks
Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 11, 2004, 1:11 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] restart popular ranks In reply to
If you want to show cool links by month, you can do that with ExtraStats (but it doesn't change the links which are flagged as cool).