Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

related category order

Quote Reply
related category order
Has there been any progress in setting it up so you can designate the order of related categories? Right now, they seem to be in order of the categories they are linked to and I really need them in the order of the assigned name.
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] related category order In reply to
Any news on this?
Quote Reply
Yeah, it seems that build_sort_order_category, build_sort_order_new, build_sort_order_cool can all be edited, but there isn't anything to edit the order of related categories.

Maybe GT would consider adding this option Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm not sure how possible this is. The problem is with SQL, and that you want to sort on a column (relation name), that not all entries have. It could be done if you only ever wanted to sort by name, but if you wanted to mix in other fields it would break.

I'm still looking into alternatives for this.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] related category order In reply to
Any news on this? I really need to be able to sort Related Categories.
Quote Reply
It actually isn't terribly difficult to do. I put together a modification for the PHP front end that sorts related categories alphabetically into the full category list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=203905

I imagine the same principles could be worked into the Perl side of things, but that isn't my area of expertise... It doesn't tie directly to the build_sort_order options, but you could probably control that manually with query and array sort orders. It's not like people are going to change their category sorts on a regular basis. :)

Dan