Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

real quick questions

Quote Reply
real quick questions
What's the suggested column size for home.html template so it display full screen? What do you guys usually put? I am hoping computers with 800x600 and 1024x768 will have full screen in both and have no problems.

My other question is: when you guys first bought links sql, what's the easiest way to modify templates? Did you guys just use the built in template modifier, make changes, click on build changed and have a browser open then hit reload on the browser? So far I like it that way just wondering if there's even a easier way...

Last question is, how to you test out a modified template page in browser without it being of one the main files? I guess if I modify home.html, the index.html will get updated. But is there anyway to create an extra file called index2.html that I can test out the changes before I make the final update on the home.html template? Thank you!! Help out a newbie here. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: [flybuzz] real quick questions In reply to
You can either edit the templates locally, and then upload them to the server (make sure you upload them to the 'local' directory in the template set directory, e.g. into 'admin/templates/default/local' and not 'admin/templates/default'). Or you can use the built-in template editor.

For testing purposes you can use 'dynamic mode'. Like that, you don't have to rebuild while you are testing.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins