Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

plugin manager/wizard feature request

Quote Reply
plugin manager/wizard feature request
would it be too much to have an option to install plugin files to the build_root_path? the only options are the images, admin path, and user cgi path.

I'd also like to see an easier way to add large numbers of files more easily. say I've got 20 files that all need to go in the same directory, I'd like to just set a base root for a bulk add, and only have to choose the files from the pop-up file browser.

a "full uninstall" should really fully uninstall a plugin. At present, it only removes the plugin module itself, leaving behind any other templates, scripts, or other files what were part of the installation.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] plugin manager/wizard feature request In reply to
Totally agree on the multi-file upload thing. When writing Ace_PPC, there were over 50 templates.. and I ended up having to upload them manually :(

I use a "foreach" to go through a list of the files now (in Install.pm), as it gets very messy with 5-10 lines of code per file (i.e 3-400+ lines for 50 files) Unsure

Even if we could locally ZIP/tar/gzip them up, and then its decompressed on the server... now that would be cool <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!