Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

payment_success.html

Quote Reply
payment_success.html
Will the <%escape_html payment_amount%> variable work on this page? I would like to display on the "Thank You" page a summary of one's payment.

If the variable will not work, is there a way to make it work?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [Jobu] payment_success.html In reply to
Unfortunately, when the user reaches the payment_success page, the page knows nothing about the payment itself (it's essentially just a static page). However, if you're using the PayPal payment method, you could change the custom return url to pass back the payment_amount. Open up payment_paypal_include.html:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="do;process_payment=1;payment_success=1<%loop config.dynamic_preserve%><%if in.$loop_value%>;<%loop_value%>=<%in.$loop_value%><%endloop%>" />
Just add in ;payment_amount=<%escape_html payment_term_num%> and then on the payment_success page, you should be able to use the payment_amount tag.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] payment_success.html In reply to
Great, thanks! This works.

Just one correction... it should be payment_amount, not payment_term_num that is passed in the custom field.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] payment_success.html In reply to
In Reply To:
Unfortunately, when the user reaches the payment_success page, the page knows nothing about the payment itself (it's essentially just a static page). However, if you're using the PayPal payment method, you could change the custom return url to pass back the payment_amount. Open up payment_paypal_include.html:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="do;process_payment=1;payment_success=1<%loop config.dynamic_preserve%><%if in.$loop_value%>;<%loop_value%>=<%in.$loop_value%><%endloop%>" />

Just add in ;payment_amount=<%escape_html payment_term_num%> and then on the payment_success page, you should be able to use the payment_amount tag.

Hey Adrian,

Any ideas on how I can do the same thing with the GT PPC plugin? In PPC-payment_success.html I want to display confirmation of payment price. Looks like things may work a bit differently.