Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

page.cgi shows Cool by default

Quote Reply
page.cgi shows Cool by default
Hi.

Was trying the dynamic mode. http://domain.com/perl/page.cgi?d=1 shows Cool pages by default. I am sure there is nothing which has been changed except for the changes suggested by Adrian wrt the Verify Links issue. This is first time that i checked and there is no way i can display the Home page in dynamic mode.

Any suggestions?

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] page.cgi shows Cool by default In reply to
I have a vague recollection that this might be something to do with your paths - if you go to admin->setup and check all the paths and urls are they correct?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] page.cgi shows Cool by default In reply to
This had puzzled me quite a bit so i had checked the paths and url's again and again. Rechecked all the URL's again and i found that the Cool URL did not have a www (it was just a http://mydomain.com/Cool) in it so changed that to include www in the same. It worked. Thanks a lot.

Can that make so big a difference? I am confused so i ask this but thanks again for the Bulls Eye :)

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] page.cgi shows Cool by default In reply to
Yeah, if you have a different path (even something like your image path being different to the build_root_url path), and it will default to the "Cool" page. I'm not quite sure why it does this ... but I guess there must be a reason for LSQL to do this, as I'm pretty sure its actually coded into the core script.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!