Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

page.cgi?p=detailed&ID=1234 - not loading variables

Quote Reply
page.cgi?p=detailed&ID=1234 - not loading variables
I'm trying to link directly to a detailed page using: page.cgi?p=detailed&ID=1234

It loads the page OK but all the tags read: Unknown Tag: 'Title', Unknown Tag: 'URL', etc.

Can I load something like <%Links::Utils::load_foo%> to enable the variables to pass through?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] page.cgi?p=detailed&ID=1234 - not loading variables In reply to
Hi,

<%Links::Utils::load_link_info%> is what are you looking for!

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] page.cgi?p=detailed&ID=1234 - not loading variables In reply to
Still the same. Frown
Quote Reply
Mmmm yeah it relies on the link record to be loaded.

Any particular reason you don't want to link directly to the detailed url of the page? page.cgi?g=Detailed/1234.html

This will preload all the necessary info.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Unfortunately it's the way my site works. I have static URLs but run in dynamic mode with rewrite rules so there are no pages actually built on the server but they display as 1234.php

I'm trying to create a second template and the only way that I can get the detailed pages to display is by using the format above otherwise I get error messages:

page.cgi?g=detailed/1234.html = PAGE_INVALIDCAT
page.cgi?p=detailed/1234.html = Invalid SiteHTML method: 'site_html_detailed/1234.html'.

page.cgi?p=detailed&ID=1234 works but does not load any tags.
Quote Reply
Ok, when invoking form page.cgi with g= param it should match the path configured in build_detail_url: http://www.somesite.com/Detailed for example, you don't need the full url just the path and keep in mind apache is case sensitive so if the path says Detailed, detailed won't work.

In any case you can use Andy's ULTRAGlobals plugin, something like: <%Plugins::ULTRAGlobals::Load_Link($ID)%> should work.

But before that my advice is try to make it work with what GLinks have as tools the example I gave you earlier should work out of the box. Just tried it on a site with changed build_detail_url and it still works when I request page.cgi?g=Detailed/1234.html

IMO there is no need of plugin when the functionality is already there.

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
<%Plugins::ULTRAGlobals::Load_Link($ID)%>

That's the one! The tags are working now. Thank you.

Just need the same for globals. Blush