Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

mySQL DB name change

Quote Reply
mySQL DB name change
Hi Folks, I need some advice.

My linkSQL datase has had a name change but I'm not sure what the best option to choose in Setup: SQL Server Settings:

- Create new default Links SQL tables in this database but do not overwrite any existing data.
- Create new default Links SQL tables in this database and overwrite/erase any existing data.
- Load table info from an existing set of tables (or resync the def files if you have changed your defs manually)

As I said its only a name change and im a bit afraid of affecting my current settings by choosing the wrong option!
Quote Reply
Re: [Canoon] mySQL DB name change In reply to
Hi,

Choose "Create new default Links SQL tables in this database but do not overwrite any existing data". This will update your database.def file and not overwrite any existing tables that may already be there.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Canoon] mySQL DB name change In reply to
Hi,

If you mean the only thing changed is the database name, I think the only place that is used is in the ../admin/defs/database.def file.

If you _carefully_ edit that file, you can change the name of the database. Make sure you don't lose or add any ',' or ' or " marks. It should still be an anonymous hash ref when you are done.

Then, 'repair' tables, just in case :)

I did this when I moved servers, and made some changes -- I had to change the database.def file in order for Links to log on and install <groan>... there should be an option during install to "change install parameters" if the install is going "over" an old install, but your paths/database has changed by being moved around the network.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.