Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

modify link not working

Quote Reply
modify link not working
After a user logs in to his Links account and clicks on 'modify link', the page shows the sentence 'Please pick which link you would like to update:' and then nothing, no link or even a list of his links to choose from. Below that sentence, it just displays the 'Modify Link' submit button. When you click the button, it refreshes the page with the same empty data.

How can I find out if the user's validated link data string is being sent to the modify page?
Quote Reply
Re: [yo Huge] modify link not working In reply to
Hi,

Does the rest of the page show, or does it "cut off" ? If it cuts off, its possibly you have an extra/unclosed tag, which is stopping the template from being parsed properly

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] modify link not working In reply to
hi, nope, the page completes fine. in fact, if the user has several links already in the database and he clicks 'modify link', it will show the 'Pages: 1 2 3 4 > >>' nav link only with no list of links below it, and the rest of the page complete. I would assume that this indicates that Links is counting the number of links the user has and is determining how many pages it will take to display the list of them (in order for the user to select which link he wants to modify). it just doesn't display the list of links at all. it doesn't return an error page either. all other forms are working fine.. add link, login, register, rate, subscribe, etc.

In the template 'modify_select.html' this is the code in question:

Code:
<form action="<%db_cgi_url%>/modify.cgi" method="POST">

<%if next%>
<p>Pages: <%next%>
<%endif%>

<p>Please pick which link you would like to update: <br>
<table border=0>
<%loop link_results%>
<tr><td><input type=radio name=LinkID value="<%ID%>"></td><td>
<%include link.html%>
</td></tr>
<%endloop%>
</table>

<%if next%>
<p>Pages: <%next%>
<%endif%>

<p><input type="SUBMIT" value="Modify Link"></p>
</form>
Quote Reply
Re: [yo Huge] modify link not working In reply to
Hi,

PM me with a sample login, and a URL I can try it out. I'll see if I can spot anything

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!