linksid.txt

Quote Reply
linksid.txt
In links2.0 the was linksid.txt to set the id

How to set it at SQL?

Michael

Quote Reply
Re: linksid.txt In reply to
Uh...there is NO counter file..different system...MySQL has a field property called AutoNumber (or AUTO INCREMENT), which AUTOMatically increments the IDs of each record.

I would suggest playing around with MySQL or MS Access to get a feel for "relations", "tables", "field types", etc. You need to get away from the concept of FLAT FILES, which is totally different and rudimentary compared to SQL systems!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot,
i found a way to modify last record to the number i wanted.

There is another point I´m thinking about.
With Links2.0 I could cut and paste records in the database.
Is there a way to add (or copy) multiple records from another database (also mysql, same structure).

I want to use the main database just vor released records,
and a second database just to add records and modify them till they are finally aproved. Than I want to copy them to the main database.

Possible?

Michael

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Is there a way to add (or copy) multiple records from another database (also mysql, same structure).
Again...get away from the flat file mentality.

What you can do is IMPORT the records into the LINKS table in your MySQL database.

IMPORT functions have been discussed quite a few times in the Links SQL forums...either search the forums or check out pugdog's LINKS SQL FAQ web site:

http://www.linkssql.com

In Reply To:
I want to use the main database just vor released records,
and a second database just to add records and modify them till they are finally aproved. Than I want to copy them to the main database.
You could create a mirror table CALLED Links_Hold or keep the records in the Validate TABLE. Again, think tables and relations (Access terminology) rather than "databases".

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi,

You may want to play around with MySQLMan for this sort of database manipulation.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.