Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

install.dat appears to be corrupted

Quote Reply
install.dat appears to be corrupted
I got the error, while used the GT Update. Strange.
Quote:
Error

An error occured:

install.dat appears to be corrupted. If you are using FTP to transer the file be sure to upload the file in BINARY mode. If you need assistance, please visit: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/support/
I did nothing, what would cause this error.

Environment:
Win XP
LSQL 2.99.0 is displayed in top right of admin page.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] install.dat appears to be corrupted In reply to
GT staff!

It seems, that the temporary files are left in tmp directory...
GTTemp09316075

I suppose this means, that after download, they are not used. Perhaps that's the reason, why GT::Update doesn't find the LSQL 3.0.0 update file...

I remember a bugfix which was fixing the temporary file problem.
Could I get this fix?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] install.dat appears to be corrupted In reply to
What are the contents of the tmp files?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] install.dat appears to be corrupted In reply to
Of course tmp files are the downloaded updates, which was not removed after the update.

The last one was the update v3.0.0 to which I wanted to upgrade. But was corrupted for some reason. I checked the sizes of the install.dat downloaded by GT update and the one in installer, and was different. Probably installer package was changed.

But the GT Update package should be the latest and yet it was told as corrupted.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] install.dat appears to be corrupted In reply to
Again the GT::Update bug! Unsure

Quote:
Error

An error occured:

install.dat appears to be corrupted. If you are using FTP to transer the file be sure to upload the file in BINARY mode. If you need assistance, please visit: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/support/

This is caused by GT::Update, which likely doesn't download it in binary mode...
I had the same bug at v3.0.0 upgrade.

Please fix this bug.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support