Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

importing from file

Quote Reply
importing from file
Am I right in thinking that it is only necessary to have Category ID and not Category Name columns for importing from file in GLinks 3.0 ?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] importing from file In reply to
How do you mean? What are you trying to do? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] importing from file In reply to
Straight Links data import from | delimited text file in admin directory.

I think I had one or two categories with the wrong names & right category IDs- they appeared to import correctly and I just wonder if you only need the Category ID now? One less field to worry about when manually processing data if this is the case.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] importing from file In reply to
Ah right, I see now =) Yeah, I think you only need the category ID (assuming that ID exists). I *think* the category name is more for one's that don't exist, so they can be created :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] importing from file In reply to
I did a few imports (new data) without category names- most went well but one file became very corrupted with many links appearing in their correct category plus one other.

I deleted all the links from this file and then did another import with the category names in place and it worked. (all the category names were identical although the category ID was different)