Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

image/file uploading?

Quote Reply
image/file uploading?
I thought the new version 3.0.4 came with the file/image upload options for each link that user can submit while adding a link. I don't see anything in the add links page in admin that shows fields for image/file uploads. How does the image upload feature work - is there anything I need to enable in the database to make this available?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] image/file uploading? In reply to
I agree.
This feature should definitely be build in as a standard Gossamer-Links feature, without using any plugins from other developers.....

Best regards,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] image/file uploading? In reply to
To start with, you'll need a new field in your Links database for the name of the image. Once you've added this field, go to the properties of the field and choose FormType to be FILE and fill in the all the fields that say "Only for FILE types". Then I think you'll need to modify the add form and the templates where you want the image displayed. I'm not sure how different this is in version 3 from previous versions - have you had a look in the manual?
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] image/file uploading? In reply to
In Reply To:
I agree.
This feature should definitely be build in as a standard Gossamer-Links feature, without using any plugins from other developers.....
It is Wink My Thumb_Images plugin is for Thumbnailing images. The upload feature comes as standard (all the way back from LinksSQL 2.1.0 I believe).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!