Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

html editor and textareas of add/modify

Quote Reply
html editor and textareas of add/modify
Hi. Just could do html editor for textarea boxes on the add/modify profile form and it worked fine (in IE) and the screenshot is attached. Is there a howto of integrating the html editor of gf/gm to lsql?

TIA

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 7, 2004, 1:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] html editor and textareas of add/modify In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi. Just could do html editor for textarea boxes on the add/modify profile form and it worked fine (in IE) and the screenshot is attached. Is there a howto of integrating the html editor of gf/gm to lsql?

TIA

Anup

- thatīs a cool thing. How did you do this ?
- is this also working within other browsers ?

Many thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] html editor and textareas of add/modify In reply to
Hi.

Version 3.0 beta or something works with Firebird-0.6.1 also. I couldn't manage to get it going wrt formatting issue to the editor on the page so i switched back to v2.03. Installation is pretty simple. You could try with 2.03 and then move to 3.X if you succeed with that.

Download the same from
http://www.interactivetools.com/...tmlarea/download.cgi

read the install instructions and test your install.
edit following files (presuming that you have your htmleditor install in a web accessible directory htmlarea):

add.html and modify.html templates in LSQL add the following to <head> </head> section:

<script language="Javascript1.2"><!-- // load htmlarea
_editor_url = "/htmlarea/"; // URL to htmlarea files
var win_ie_ver = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.split("MSIE")[1]);
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; }
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Windows CE') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; }
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; }
if (win_ie_ver >= 5.5) {
document.write('<scr' + 'ipt src="' +_editor_url+ 'editor.js"');
document.write(' language="Javascript1.2"></scr' + 'ipt>');
} else { document.write('<scr'+'ipt>function editor_generate() { return false; }</scr'+'ipt>'); }
// --></script>

Then in include_form.html (which is the one where i have multiple textareas):
A sample section included for example:

<tr><td align="right" valign="top" width="20%"><%body_font%><b>About Us:</b><br><br><font color="red">Shift+Enter For Line Break. <br><br>For Paragraph Just Hit Enter</font></font></td>
<td width="80%">
<%body_font%><textarea wrap="virtual" name="Description" style="width:81%; height:210"><%if Description%><%Description%><%endif%></textarea></font>
<script language="javascript1.2">
editor_generate('Description');
</script>
</td></tr>

You could do the same for any textarea as many of them that you have in your inclue_form.html ...You could configure what buttons to show by editing editor.js file in 2.03.

I was more interested in knowing about a howto of adding the same using the html editor of GT....

Thanks
Anup