Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

how to hide expired links?

Quote Reply
how to hide expired links?
Hi,

I would like to know how to hide expired links from the category pages (which contains the links with their details).
In which template pages should I work? Which is the code to use?

I use Links Version: 2.1.1

Thanks for your answers.
Quote Reply
Re: [ver_for] how to hide expired links? In reply to
Are you sure you're using Links SQL 2.1.1? Payment support was added to Links SQL in 2.2.0. Also, expired links should automatically not be shown when they expire.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] how to hide expired links? In reply to

brewt wrote:
Are you sure you're using Links SQL 2.1.1? Payment support was added to Links SQL in 2.2.0. Also, expired links should automatically not be shown when they expire.

In the top right part of my window I have written
Version: 2.1.1

I have a field called Expired_Flag
in my table lsql_Links

With a test like
<%ifnot Expired_Flag%>
sho info...
<%endif%>

I can how only the links which are not expired.
But In this case the number of links disaplayed beside the category will not be right.
How can i solve this?
Quote Reply
Re: [ver_for] how to hide expired links? In reply to
Hi,

You sure your not using my Expire_Links plugin?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] how to hide expired links? In reply to
Hi,

Ok, just double checked - and that is a field used in my Expire_Links plugin.

What I think you need to do, is edit the plugin settings, via Plugins > Expire_Links > Setup, and turn WhatToDo => Set isValidated to false , which will then set them to invalid.

You could also use the "delete" option too, which would get rid of the links fully (otherwise, you will notice they just show up in the Validation Queue)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] how to hide expired links? In reply to
You're right. I have the Expire_Links plugin installed. I am going to check how it works

Andy wrote:
Hi,

Ok, just double checked - and that is a field used in my Expire_Links plugin.

What I think you need to do, is edit the plugin settings, via Plugins > Expire_Links > Setup, and turn WhatToDo => Set isValidated to false , which will then set them to invalid.

You could also use the "delete" option too, which would get rid of the links fully (otherwise, you will notice they just show up in the Validation Queue)

Hope that helps.

Cheers