Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

glinks-3.0.0 does not exist

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
In Reply To:
Oh that scares us all the more. Just as i had mentioned, an irate employee (for xyz reasons) could even do that and cause irrecoverable damage at the receiving end.
I just don't know how to respond to this... Do you not use Windows Update (or Windows for that matter) for the fear that one of Microsoft's million employees may have put some bad code in it? Even in the open source world, do you not use software because someone could have inserted some bad code into the project?

We use CVS and we all get e-mails containing the diffs of each commit, so you can be assured that such code will not be committed into CVS undetected.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
Quote:
Do you not use Windows Update (or Windows for that matter) for the fear that one of Microsoft's million employees may have put some bad code in it?

That's how they got $. :)
Put the bugs in and then come up with a version each year claiming to have eliminated that bug (but introduce newer one's and the cycle repeats).

Windows Update ... Nope i never really went beyond WIN98 and always hit a No when Mr Gates Advisory Advises something :). No Outlook/OE/Etcetra fancy stuff of windows world.

Quote:
Even in the open source world, do you not use software because someone could have inserted some bad code into the project

If M$ had to fall back to Linux Server Farms (Akami or Akamai ... can't remeber .. my memory fails me here) it somehow establishes that OS world is reliable :), though M$ sponsored survey states that M$ is more secure and TCO is 5 -20% less than Linux :D:D

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================
Quote Reply
Re: [iam] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
To let everyone know, the Gossamer Links 3.0.0 Manual is now in the download area again!
Quote Reply
Re: [iam] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
it appears to be there, but at the moment none of the downloads seem to be working, I keep getting tossed to the log in page when I click on any downloads.
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
Seems to be working here. Can you try downloading it again?

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 11, 2005, 9:30 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
In Reply To:
Seems to be working here. Can you try downloading it again?

It is strange, I was able to log in and download it, but I have more than one account and now I can't get into the other one. Once I log in, anything I click on, including the registration section link, takes me back to the log in page. Did you change the log in somehow in your recent site updates?
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] glinks-3.0.0 does not exist In reply to
I'm not involved in the development in the download area so I'm not sure. I'll ask tomorrow. Can you pm me the e-mail addresses of which account works and which one doesn't?

Adrian
> >