Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

from URLs to DVD!

Quote Reply
from URLs to DVD!
Hi

I am using G Links SQL as photo gallery script. I need to back up the "static folder" on my pc in order to make a DVD with the same contents.

Is it possible to back it up on a local machine using only the stored local data (not the URLs of the web)?

Thank you in advance and happy ending 2007.

Antoine
Quote Reply
Re: [antoined] from URLs to DVD! In reply to
Hi,

Sorry, not sure what you are asking. Are you trying to get a local copy of your website, on a DVD? (for a backup copy) ... in including the images / .html pages etc

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] from URLs to DVD! In reply to
When i download the static folder (pages) on my pc, all links and images location are still those of the one stored on our server.

What i need is to have a copy that work on pc or DVD without internet connection so:

i.e. /pages/Detailed/3320.html calls the related image already stored on the pc too.

Logically in this case rate, review, add, modify won't work anymore but we can still surf all pages and view all images etc.

I hope that is better explaining.Blush

Thanks
Antoine
Quote Reply
Re: [antoined] from URLs to DVD! In reply to
Hi,

One suggestion, would be to "copy" all of the static folder into a new one.

For example, if you have all your pages in /pages/

..then log in via SSH, and type:

Code:
cd /path/to/www/folder
mkdir backup
cd pages
cp * ../backup/

Then, make sure that all the files from the /pages/ folder are now in your /backup/ folder.

Let me know if that works, and then I'll give you the next step (basically, just doing a `grep` on the files, to remove the domain name - so it will use the /something/ instead of http://www.domain.com/something/)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!