Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

featured links

Quote Reply
featured links
is there a way to make links that are not featured appear on one side of the page (in a table), and featured links to appear seperately on the other side of the page (in a table)? i really need to be able to do this.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gregorio] featured links In reply to
Basically you'd want to just wrap your page in a table:

<Table>
<TR>
<TD><%featured%></TD>
<TD><%links%></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

That is assuming you have your program set to put your featured links in the <%featured%> tag.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] featured links In reply to
that's the problem, unfortunately i don't know how to do that, could you
please help me find out how?

here's what i have done, I can get the premium links for the whole site to
appear on the category pages, but I want to just get the links from the one
category to appear in that category.&nbsp; meaning instead of all the premium
links on every page, just the premium links in the one category to appear.&nbsp;
Can that be done?

the code below is what i did, it shows all the premium links on each page:
premium ==> sub { my $tags = shift; my $sth = $DB->table('Links')->select ( { isFeatured => "Yes" } ); my $output; while (my $link = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) { $output .= Links::SiteHTML::display('link', $link); } return $output; }[/code]

any suggestions?

Last edited by:

Gregorio: Dec 28, 2001, 3:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Gregorio] featured links In reply to
This is fairly complicated, since it can be implemented many ways, and nobody seems to want it the same way.

The problem comes with formatting the links per-page for page spanning. If you pull the featured links out, you need to convey this somehow to the regular display routine, so it can make up the shortfall.

If the same featured links are going to be shown on every page of the category, and you don't mind the featured links appearing again on the "regular"listing in their normal spot, then you can do something simple such as:

1) create a template global to hold the featured links.

2) put the regular links in the other column

3) simply wrap it in a table.

I have not yet tackled this issue, but others have, and there have been several suggestions for featured type links in the forum. Did you search for them? Did any seem to fit your needs?

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.