Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

error in build

Quote Reply
error in build
First time I'm getting this error, and I'm not out of disk space on my server...

A fatal error has occured:
Unable to open: '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/directory/New/2003-09-04.html' (Disc quota exceeded) at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 913.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

I guess I should debug now Blush
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] error in build In reply to
Thanks for any assistance with this problem...

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (77918): Links::environment called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/Links.pm line 430 with no arguments.
Links (77918): Links::fatal called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 913 with arguments
(Unable to open: '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/directory/New/2003-09-04.html' (Disc quota exceeded) at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 913.
).
Links (77918): main::_cant_open called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 366 with arguments
(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/directory/New/2003-09-04.html, ).
Links (77918): main::_build_new called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x82a7114)).
Links (77918): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 123 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/Plugins, create_new, CODE(0x826f294), HASH(0x82a7114)).
Links (77918): main::build_changed called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 39 with no arguments.
Links (77918): main::main called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.

And I don't have a disk space quota problem.

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Sep 4, 2003, 7:47 AM
Quote Reply
Well, if the error says:

Disc quota exceeded

then you probably do have a problem with your disk quota.

Try logging in with telnet/SSH and run the following commands:

quota
df

This might give you some hints...

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] error in build In reply to
Thanks Ivan,

While I have 36% in the / and /backup directories, I have 100% in this file

/proc

I'll be checking into that now...
Quote Reply
You on a dedicated server?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] error in build In reply to
no
Quote Reply
Get your host to check if your mail folder is large. If you have crons set to run, and they are not defined to send the output to /dev/null, then it gets sent to the domains email addres... i.e user@domain.com, which isn't normally used/received.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Disc quota exceeded means you are out of disk space. While you may have space left on the hard drive, your account has a quota on it with only so much room, and it seems to be at max. From shell, if you type `quota` or `quota -g` you should see how much disk space you've been allotted.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] error in build In reply to
Hi Alex,

Here's my results on that query:

Disk quotas for group wheel (gid 0): none
Disk quotas for group kmem (gid 2): none
Disk quotas for group sys (gid 3): none
Disk quotas for group tty (gid 4): none
Disk quotas for group operator (gid 5): none
Disk quotas for group staff (gid 20): none
Disk quotas for group guest (gid 31): none
Disk quotas for user root (uid 0): none

I've got a support ticket into the server company. I'll see what they come up with. I looked at that directory and it had a ton of files under it, but don't know what they mean, might be a server issue on their part. Have had a lot of trouble with linkssql since I upgraded the server. I wanted to post here to be sure that this wasn't something I needed to fix on the application side. Then again...?

[and Andy thanks for your post, I did send a large list mailing, but am not using crons]
Quote Reply
Hi,

Did you run quota as root, or for the user that is getting the out of disk space error (either user nobody or your own ssh account, not root though).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Quote:
You on a dedicated server?

Quote:
no

Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I'm running the Links account under root user at top level. But... I do have a default username that is assigned to the domain, so I can try that...

Last edited by:

SSmeredith: Sep 4, 2003, 11:22 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] error in build In reply to
Quote:
Disk quotas for user root (uid 0): none

You shouldn't see that unless you are root (shouldn't be able to see other accounts quotas). Probably one of these "virtual private servers" which use chroot or virtual machines to simulate a dedicated server.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Drop an email to support-lsql at gossamer-threads.com with ssh info and I'll take a look for you.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Laugh I got it, yes, it was as you suggested. I don't set my accounts with a quota because they are my sites, but yes, the User assigned for the LinksSQL site did in fact have a quota set. I fixed it, ran the build and ouala! it worked.

Thanks!

Meredith