Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

editor choices

Quote Reply
editor choices
Hi,

I've posted this before, but I didn't get a response. I want to allow my editors to login on the user.cgi page, click on the editors button and then be in the browse area of the admin. I want them to do all of their adding, deleting, ect. in this area. Everything to this point works - the problem I have is that they cannot add one link to multiple categories in this area. Is there a way to do this? I know there are ways to do it in other areas, but we have multiple editors using this and to change the area they work in would not be very easy because of the many people we would have to contact and explain that to. I would REALLY appreciate any help. I have looked through other threads and they touch on this subject, but don't answer my question.

Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [mcgraw1] editor choices In reply to
hello,

if the editor has copy rights, he/she can add a link in one category & copy it to other categories.

hope it helps.
Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] editor choices In reply to
I realize the editor can copy, but it's a nightmare to keep track of. When a link is copied it is added to the database as a separate entry instead of one link being associated with multiple categories.
Quote Reply
Re: [mcgraw1] editor choices In reply to
If a link resides in multiple categories and a person reviews it from category a and another from category b then both reviews should show in both categories.

If you copy them this would not work.

Just a thought!
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] editor choices In reply to
Hye Biran just vsiited your site, it looks awesome, one question i would liekto be is where and how u retrieve ur news and articles database?
Quote Reply
That's incorrect. You can review a copied link in one category and the review will show up for all other copies of that link.
Quote Reply
Re: [xpert] editor choices In reply to
Thanks!

They are not retreivals they are submissions.

We are the news syndication provider for many industries.

I should also mention that the news syndication feed is free to other websites as well. It is broke out by industry.

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Jul 2, 2002, 2:05 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] editor choices In reply to
Hi rayhne,

If it is a single link ID is assigned to many categories then the review would see the identical link and apply it to all categories.

If it is a copy and has a new link ID then it cannot match the review up. This can only happen if the link has an identical ID.

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Jul 2, 2002, 2:05 PM
Quote Reply
I think I see what you are saying...you mean actually copying and pasting a link as a new link. I thought you meant the Copy a Link feature, which copies a link into another category without giving it a new id..
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] editor choices In reply to
hello

copying a link into otrher categories is not adding new links into links table, but adding more entries in the Catlinks table.

Links-SQL checks the CategoryID and will display all links with the corresponding CategoryID into that category.

the Reviews revers to the LinkID, so if a link is published in category X & Y also the reviews of that link will be displayed into both categories.

I use a review system with editor functions, and I have no trouble with that.