Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

design like a search-engine ?

Quote Reply
design like a search-engine ?
Hi,

I´m thinking of the design of my tourism-specific-homepage that I will just put a search-box on the start-page, much like on google.

Did one of you guys made the design (look and feel for the user) of your Links-SQL-websites more like a search-engine than a directory ?
I would be interested to see this kind of "search-engines" to get some impressions.......

Many thanks,

Erich
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] design like a search-engine ? In reply to
I have been playing with the search page on GotzeLinked, and now consider simplifying it even more for my main page ...

John
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] design like a search-engine ? In reply to
Many thanks for the link, Gotze.

I actually have a simple HTML start-page where I can click on "english" or "german" to go to my LINKS-SQL-categories.
Now I want to design my simple HTML start-page like the start-page on google.com , so very simple with just a search-box.

My questions are:

1)
as default, when somebody clicks on the "search-button" the system should search in my german-language-entries (I have the multi-language-plug-in installed), and there should be a radio-button where "search in german" is selected. There should be also another radio-button called "search in english", when selected then the system should only search in my english-language-entries.

2)
as you know, google has also a search-button called "I´m feeling lucky". Is it possible to do the same by using the "random-link" from Links-SQL ?

3)
My top-level-categories in the directory are "Summer" and "Winter" (tourism-website). I want to have a radio-button which lets the user search ONLY in all categories and links which are listed below the top-level-category "Summer" (and the same thing for "Winter"). Is this possible ?

Please help,

Erich

Last edited by:

erichcyber: Jan 9, 2005, 12:00 PM